Home > Manuals > Media Players - IMC and MP > Installing the IMC
Installing the IMC
- If planning the installation, view our IMC Basic Setup Guide for how to integrate the IMC into the Audio, Video and Network set-up. For integration into an iQ system or Video Distribution, view our IMC Special Setup Guide.
audio and video cables to IMC. The IMC is capable of using HDMI/DVI and
Component video simultaneously, as well as use audio over HDMI and
digital audio simultaneously.
music will be played from the IMC with an
iQ system, connect the desired line-level output of the iQ.IMA to the
Analog Audio In.
- Connect the IMC to the local network using the Ethernet Port.
- Connect power to the IMC using the supplied adapter.
- Make sure the ReQuest server is powered on and connected to the same local network.
- Power on the IMC with the small front power button. If it does not respond, make sure the power switch on the back is in the on position.
| ||When the IMC is first turned on, the IMC will begin to automatically cycle through different video modes every 15 seconds. Confirm the mode that works best with your TV.|
The connected TV will display a message that the "server was not found" or "this panel is not configured". Close this dialog to proceed.
| || ||fter
the video mode has been set, the next thing to do is set the IP address
of the F.Series or iQ server that the IMC will be working with.|
Move your cursor down to the ReQuest Server IP box. Enter the server's IP addressing using the onscreen keypad. Click on Close then Save and your IMC will reboot. After the reboot, the IMC will be configured and ready for use!
Configuring the IMC when Connected to an iQ System
| || |
Access the iQ systems web server by entering its IP address in your web browser.
Click iQ Configuration on the bottom of the page.
| ||Select Rooms from the drop down.|
| ||Drag and drop the IMC into a Room. Ideally you would drag it into the room that the IMC would by default control.|
For installation specific settings, see Settings on IMC section.