Home > Manuals > iQ Whole House Entertainment > IMS Media Server > iQ IMS FAQ
iQ IMS FAQ
iQ IMS Notes
What are the hardware features of the V5 IMS.Series?
- 1TB high speed SATA drive standard. These drives can store over 100 movies PLUS 20,000 MP3 songs and thousands of photos.
- 1GB RAM dedicated to navigation and managing growing media libraries.
- Gigabit Ethernet built-in.
- 25% more processing power to help with searching, sorting, and managing large libraries.
Does the echo work with the new V5?
V5 systems have no echo capability and echos cannot be connected to V5 servers.
Is the drive hard swappable?
drives are configured, tested, and shipped loaded into the bay. There
is no need to remove the faceplate or drive during installation. Just
plug in and turn on. Powering down or disconnecting a drive while active can and
still will corrupt files and make the disk not bootable.
What video outputs are available?
DVI (which can be used to convert to
HDMI using a simple DVI-D single link Male to HDMI Female adapter), VGA, and Component. You can use the GrandTec GXP-2000 to convert
the VGA output into Composite and S-Video if required. Component-NTSC
and VGA are active by default. DVI or Component-PAL can be activated
from the LCD Menu in the Video Mode section. This change can be done on
the fly and takes 5-15 seconds to restart the user interface when a
video mode change is made.
What will I experience during boot-up for feedback on the screen?
of the system has a black screen, often with a single _ cursor in the
upper-left for 45-75 seconds during boot instead of a ReQuest splash
screen. During boot, there is no output on DVI or Component for about 2
minutes. VGA is active during the entire boot process.
Every 17 reboots, the system will run a disc check. During this time you will have a solid orange hard drive light and either a blinking cursor or a black screen. Do not reboot as it may cause a corruption, preventing a complete boot. If after an hour the system has not booted, please contact ReQuest for support.
How to I unlock the hard drive?
The key for the hard drive bay is located behind the faceplate, just below the DVD tray or near the vent holes.
How do I power up the drive?
hard drive bay does not need to be locked for the drive to be
operational and powered. The key lock controls the drive bay door and
restricts physical access, not power to the drive. This eliminates the
need to ensure that the drive key has been locked so the system will
What physical indicators do I have that the unit is connected to the network?
the prior hardware, network indicator lights are present on this
motherboard. Looking at the unit from the back, there is an amber
activity light on the left that flickers when data is sending and
receiving. The light on the right can be amber (100Mbps), green
(1Gbps), off/unlit but there is activity on the other light (10Mbps),
or off with no activity on the other light indicating no link
Is NAS and Video available for my iQ IMS?
services are active, enabled, and available by default on all V5
Servers. Video server capabilities are active by default on all V5
- Frequency Response: 20-20kHz at 44.1kHz
- Dynamic Range: 105 dB A-wtd
- Signal-to-Noise: 105 dB, A-wtd
- THD+N: -93 dB 1kHz signal 22Hz-22kHz BW
- Broadband Internet Connection required.
- 4 independent hard drive-based CD sources and 2 streaming sources
- Analog stereo outputs for each zone plus 1 set of digital
outputs (SPDI/F - COAX & TOSLink)
- VGA, Composite, S-Video & Component Video TV out
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Front and rear USB ports for USB keyboard and connection to
TS.15 Touch Screens, IMA Amplifier, and echo backup units.
- Front IR receiver and power indicator/LED
- DVD tray for fast automatic music encoding
(DVD Movie encoding only available on IMC)
- NTSC/PAL support
- Dimensions: 17” (W) x 16.25” (D) x 3.5” (H)
- Weight: 22 lbs. (10 kg)
- Finish: black chassis with brushed aluminum metal faceplate
| ||Accessories Included|
- Power cable
- Hard Drive Key
- 64 Button Remote and Batteries
- Ethernet Cable
Important Safety Warnings
- Read, keep and follow these instructions.
- Do not use this device near water.
- Device shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing, and no objects filled with liquids shall be placed on the apparatus.
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers,
stoves, or other device (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or ground plug. If the
provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician
regarding installation of a modern polarized outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Protect this device through the use of proper UPS or surge protection equipment.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel.