Home > Manuals > iQ Whole House Entertainment > IMS Media Server > Installing the iQ IMS
Installing the iQ IMS
- If the hard drive has been removed to pre-load music and or movies, use the thumb screws remove the faceplate of the unit and install the drive into the drive bay. Be sure to lock the drive. Use the thumb screws again to secure the faceplate back onto the chassis.
ReQuest server into rack (if applicable). The ReQuest server ships with
rack-ears already installed. The rack-ears can be easily unscrewed and
removed if desired.
- Connect audio cables to the iQ IMA. Connect video cable(s) (if the video output is going to be used) to the TV or video distribution system.
- Connect IMS to the home network via the Ethernet port.
- Connect power cable
to the ReQuest server and power source. The ReQuest server will
automatically detect and switch between 110 volt and 220 volt power
- Power on the IMS. Typical boot time is 1-3 minutes but can vary depending
on how much media is on the hard drive. During the boot process, the status light will pulse green-red. When done booting, the status light will be solid green.
- By default the IMS is set to use Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) which means that it will attempt to get an IP address automatically from the network. This address will be displayed on the LCD Display.