Home > Manuals > Legacy Products > Touch Screens and Control > iQ TS.35 > Using TS.35 > iQ Hard Drive Sources on the TS.35
iQ Hard Drive Sources on the TS.35
Navigating Hard Drive Source Music
start playing music from the hard drive source on the iQ system using the TS.35 touch panels, you
must first choose in which room you would like to play music. To play
music in the current room, press PLAY MUSIC. To play music in another room, choose PICK A ROOM from the toggle list.|
| || ||If music is already in progress or something is Now Playing in the room you have chosen, a pop-up will appear where you can choose any of these options:|
- Change Music - Allows you to change the music currently playing within the existing source.
- Change Source - Allows you to change the source to a different source than is what currently playing in the room.
- Turn Room Off - Allows you to turn off the Room to stop all music and clear the current Now Playing queue.
| || ||After
choosing Change Source or once the room has been selected, you then
must choose which source to play. The hard drive source can be customized and renamed. To choose a hard drive source, select one of the sources with the iQ icon to the left.|
| || ||After
a source has been selected, a screen of navigation options will
appear. For hard drive sources, icons display for each method of
navigation. If classical mode is enabled, there will be additional navigating options.|
| || ||A
list of options based on the category chosen for a hard drive source
will appear. At any point you can drill down to the
narrowed down list by touching the name, or instead press the blue PLAY
button to play all media relating to the section.|
| || ||When choosing PLAY, a pop-up list will appear giving you these options:|
- Play This Now - This selection will immediately start playing in the front of the current Now Playing.
- Play This Next - This selection will start playing after the completion of the current song.
- Play This Last - This selection will start playing after all songs in the current Now Playing have completed.
- Save This to a Playlist - Save this current selection to a new or existing playlist.
- Close - Choose this to close out of this screen and perform none of the play options.
| ||To change sources or rooms at any time, press the top HOME button to go back to the main screen.|
Using Now Playing
| || ||Access Now Playing by selecting PLAY MUSIC from the bottom of the Home screen, choose a hard drive source then select the Now Playing icon from the category icons.|
After selecting music to play, you are taken to the Now Playing screen.
| || ||The Now Playing screen shows the Song, Artist, Album, Cover Art, and playback progress of the song and queue.|
| || ||At the bottom of the Now Playing screen, there are transport controls available to control what is currently playing:|
- Play, Pause and Stop - Will control the playback of the current selection.
- Previous and Next Track
- Will go to the previous or next track in the current playback mode
(if paused, it will move to the next track paused at the beginning of
- Find Music - Will take you back to the navigation options for the source. For the hard drive source it will list the category icons.
- Next Page - Allows you to flip through different options on the Now Playing screen
the second page of options, when using the down arrow, the Play, Pause
and Find Music commands remain but additional advanced options appear:|
- Shuffle - Shuffle plays what is currently in Now Playing back in a shuffled order.
- After Now Playing has completed, with continuous enabled, it will start
over in which ever mode is currently set. This also works in
conjunction with Random.
- Will play the whole music collection in a random order. If nothing
is queued in Now Playing it will queue the whole collection.
| ||On the third and last page of options when using the down arrow, the Find Music command remains, but additional options appear:|
- View Queue - Lists all the songs in the standard list view that are currently Now Playing.
- Clear Queue
- Removes all the songs currently queued in the Now Playing list. This
will stop all music and bring you back to a cleared Now Playing screen.
- Lock/Unlock - The lock icon is a toggle command where the lock displays in the mode it currently is in, locked or unlocked. By locking this room, the source cannot be modified by another room.