Home > Manuals > Legacy Products > Fc Media Servers > F2c FAQ
What are the hardware features of the V5 F2c?
- 250GB 2.5" SATA drive standard.
- 1GB RAM dedicated to navigation and managing growing media libraries.
- Gigabit Ethernet built-in.
- 25% more processing power to help with searching, sorting, and managing large libraries.
Is the drive hard swappable?
drives are configured, tested, and installed inside the chassis and cannot be swapped between units.
What video outputs are available?
Video output is not available on the F2c. In the F2c Bundle, the MediaPlayer is used for video out for F2c control and movie playback.
What will I experience during boot-up?
Boot up time can vary depending on the size of the media collection. For new installations, expect 1-3 minutes to boot.Every
17 reboots, the system will run a disc check which may take up to an hour, depending on the size of the media collection.
What physical indicators do I have that the unit is connected to the network?
Looking at the unit from the back, there is an amber
activity light on the left that flickers when data is sending and
receiving. The light on the right can be amber (100Mbps), green
(1Gbps), off/unlit but there is activity on the other light (10Mbps),
or off with no activity on the other light indicating no link
Is NAS available for my F2c?
services are active, enabled, and available by default on all F2c servers.
|What file formats is the ReQuest server capable of handling for music playback?|
Servers running the latest version of SPOS support WAV, FLAC, MP3 and Ogg Vorbis file formats. If the media is imported using NetSync for iTunes 2, the software will convert DRM-free AAC files to the configured format for the server to use.
- 1 or 2 audio zones depending on model (F1c vs. F2c)
- 2U rack-mount chassis.
- Analog stereo outputs and one set of digital outputs (SPDI/F - COAX & TOSLink).
- Serial and Ethernet control.
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet.
- Rear USB ports.
- DVD tray for easy archiving to hard drive or NAS.
- Dimensions: 9” (W) x 8.9” (D) x 3.5”
- Weight: 6 lbs.
- Finish: Black chassis
| ||Accessories Included|
- Power brick.
- Ethernet Cable.